We receive an increasing number of enquiries from clients who want not only to buy real estate in Turkey , but to move here permanently. There are many reasons for this, these are ecology, climate, real estate prices and the average consumer basket, as well as ease of paperwork and obtaining a residence permit. And of course, people who want to make Turkey their new home are interested in obtaining Turkish citizenship. What does it give? You will no longer need to renew your residence permit, get a work permit from year to year, you will be able to vote and receive pension payments, and finally, you will feel like a full-fledged citizen of this country and not a guest.
SO, HOW CAN I GET TURKISH CITIZENSHIP?
Method 1. Investment. You can make an investment (purchase real estate) in the amount 250 000 USD and immediately apply for Turkish citizenship. Usually the answer comes no later than 3 months.
What you need to pay attention to:
- The amount above 250 000 USD must be indicated on the property title deed (Tapu). Usually, the cadastral value is indicated in Tapu, which is lower than the actual sales value.
- The property must be purchased from a Turkish citizen.
- The purchased property cannot be sold for 3 years.
More in the video:
Method 2. Marriage to a Turkish citizen. The official spouse of a Turkish citizen has the right to obtain Turkish citizenship after 3 years of living together in an official marriage. The procedure for obtaining citizenship on the basis of marriage with a Turkish citizen involves an interview in Turkish, where both spouses must be present. They are asked various kinds of questions, including everyday ones, which should reveal whether the marriage is genuine or not.
Method 3. Based on the ownership of real estate and permanent residence in Turkey for more than 5 years. To obtain citizenship in this way, you need to obtain a residence permit for 5 consecutive years on the basis of owning your real estate in Turkey, while the total period of your stay outside the territory of the Republic of Turkey cannot exceed 180 days in these 5 years.
Method 4. Based on permanent residence in Turkey for 5 years with a Work Visa. This method is similar to the previous one, it is necessary to obtain a residence permit for 5 consecutive years on the basis of official employment in Turkey, while the total period of your stay outside the territory of the Republic of Turkey cannot exceed 180 days in these 5 years.
What should you pay attention to if you are considering 3rd and 4th ways to obtain citizenship in Turkey? One of the conditions will be knowledge of the Turkish language, as well as official confirmation of a monthly income of at least official minimum wage in Turkey. An applicant for Turkish citizenship must not have any offenses, convictions or diseases that are dangerous to society.
List of documents for applying for citizenship (may be changed depending on the situation):
- Application form
- Passport and it's notarized translated copy
- Photocopy of residence permit (valid for at least 6 months)
- Marriage certificates and children's birth certificates, if any, translated and notarized
- Certificate of marital status (if the applicant is not officially married) translated and notarized
- Medical certificate confirmed by the Turkish Consulate of the country and a certificate issued domestically about the general state of health
- Notarized proof of income
- Translated and notarized birth certificate
Ataberk Estate provides assistance and advice in obtaining citizenship and residence permit for its clients as part of after-sales services.